Friday, May 11, 2012

Thoughts

Well, things have been going pretty good.  The numbers are still going down and I have still been pretty good with my diet.  I've been a little more lenient with that than I probably should be, haven't been pushing fruits and veggies as much as I did at the beginning, but I'm still managing to stay within my daily calorie limit.  I've been working out really hard and this week I started running every day.  I'm certainly not very good at it, but I've been consistent.  I've been spending an hour on the treadmill every day and I always make sure 2 miles of that time is spent running.  I usually break it up in intervals because I'm definitely not at the point that I can just run 2 miles straight, but I can do 1 mile and so I will usually go for that if I can.

Something I was thinking about this week is that I've always known I could do this if I just set my mind to it.  I'm so strong-willed and determined about everything else in my life and I knew I would be about this, but this is the first time I have truly set this commitment in my mind and decided to do it.  Every other time that I've tried and given up was because I never actually wanted it bad enough to really do it, to really make the decision to change my life.  Now I feel like there's no way I can't succeed.

I decided spur of the moment to stop at Old Navy today after work.  I went in and tried on some clothes just curious if they would fit differently.  And as a matter of fact, they did!!  I tried on a pair of size 20 jeans and they fit fantastically.  No pulling or tugging to get them up, no squeezing and sucking in to get them buttoned.  I just pulled them up, buttoned them, zipped them and then smiled huge in the mirror.  It felt so good!  The last pair of jeans I bought from Old Navy I had to order online because they don't carry size 24's in the store.  Yep, 24.  That's a huge number.  But now, I can fit into size 20.  I'm so excited!  And I can't wait for that number to keep going down!

And now time for results!

Last time I wrote on here I was at 243.6.
This morning, I am proud to say, I weigh 239.4!
That's a loss of 4.2 pounds!
And a total loss of 14 pounds!

I feel so great!  This is the most weight I have ever lost while really trying.  I lost 25 pounds in high school, but that was unintentional.  This time, I have really done it.  My hard work is paying off every week.  I look forward to Friday mornings even more so now, because I can't wait to step on the scale and see a lower number!  I'm in the 230's folks!  I honestly can't remember the last time I was in the 230's!

School is officially over for me and so these next two and a half weeks before we head to Texas, I'm going to work my butt off.  Good eating, lots of working out and always a positive, determined mindset! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment