Monday, June 18, 2012

I am proud to say that during our 12 days away from home I did not gain any weight.  That is very surprising to me based on the way I was eating and how little I was able to exercise, but I'll take it!  I'm hoping that means it will be easier for me to maintain my goal weight once I reach it.

I realized today that healthy eating and exercising have really started to become a lifestyle.  There used to be a time when I would buy fruits and veggies at the store with great intentions, but would always end up throwing them out because they went bad.  These days its hard to keep enough fruits and veggies in the house to satisfy us.  Eating healthy is just what we do now.  I don't even think about it.  And exercising is just a part of my life.  I love that I've gotten to this point, where things are much easier and I make good choices for myself without even thinking about it.  I've felt so much better these past few months and I can really see the differences in my body.  All the clothes I own are either baggy or finally fit the way they should.  I'm looking forward to the day I can buy a whole new, much smaller, wardrobe! :)

Well, this last Friday was my first official weigh-in since being back home from vacation and I was pleased.

Previous weight: 238.4 lbs.
Current weight: 236.6 lbs.
Loss: 1.8 lbs.
Total loss so far: 16.8 lbs.

I'm so close to that 20 lb. milestone and I can't wait for it!  What will really be a big one for me will be 25 lbs lost because that will be 10% of my original body weight just gone!

My 29th birthday is Monday, which means only one more year before the big 3-0.  My ultimate goal is to be at my goal weight by the time I turn 30.

I'll post "so far" pictures at the end of this month.  It's nice to compare them and see the progress I have actually made. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment